hit tracker My Vitriol Studio WEBLOG: London Show

My Vitriol Studio WEBLOG

Check in with MV in their London studio, as they track the eagerly anticipated follow up to their critically acclaimed debut album "Finelines". Feel free to leave your comments for the band, below the posts.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

London Show

It's been relatively quiet on the blog as of late. We decided we'd check out a few bands last week.
Helmet were playing the Mean Fiddler and the Trail of Dead were playing ULU the day after. Watching Helmet made me realise the subtle influence they have had over our material from a rhythmic and arrangement angle. Helmet along with Rage, Faith No More and Sepultura were some of the metal bands from that era who seemed to focus on groove in a way that others didn't. Way before all the shitty NuMetal too.
The 'Dead guys were on top from, I hear. We played shows in Japan with those guys. They were on before us, so everytime we'd have to wait for the local crew to pick up all the pieces before we could go onstage. I'm surprised they aren't BANNED in Japan. We were all fooling around like Heavy Metal Idiots over there. We pelted Elbow with food as they were doing an MTV interview and the guy from the Eels said he would "kick our alternative-rock asses" if we didn't let him finish his sentence without having water balloons chucked at his head. Mr. Jason Reece, you really are a bad influence. I still feel guilty about the smashed MTV camera.
I hear that the Dead guys were keen to come down the studio to play on the record, so it's a shame I wasn't around. Maybe when they get back in Feb we can have a jam. However, musicians are notoriously bad at pulling this stuff together........I still haven't sent Chino those guitars for Team Sleep. Everytime we've seen each other we've talked about it though. I still remember how when we first met he said that he'd like to "compliment and congradulate me on a great work". I was so fed up with all things Finelines by that point that I just burst out laughing. He probably thought I was a little strange.
The Ash show at the Ashtoria was great too. Tim Wheeler is a gem of a guy. You know, even after touring Europe with those guys, I never realised how good Charlotte was on guitar until that night.
Anyways back to MV. Our UNCONFIRMED 'Secret' January show has only around 100 tickets left. This is almost two months in advance at a 1000 capacity venue in a very slow month. So needless to say we are all still surprised by all this, and it really makes us wanna make this show happen somehow. We'll keep you posted about it. If it comes down to a rescheduled date, all tickets will still be valid. We would be reluctant to move it to the Astoria though, as we haven't played in London since we headlined there back in 2002. goddammnit$%£"****%£$%?!?!?!?!?!?!?

15 Comments:

Blogger olly said...

YOU CANNOT RESCHEDULE, I HAVE BEEN WAITING 3 YEARS FOR YOU AND THAT IS MY ONLY FREE THURSDFAY AND WEEKEND :( PLEASE TRY AND KEEP THE DATE

December 7, 2004 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

You cannot move the show. That will totally break my heart. I have an exam a few days before, your gig is my night to celebrate that it is over.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOM AND BAND DONT CANCEL! : (

December 7, 2004 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Corporate Switch said...

Hello, followed with a corporate handshake...
Did you see The Deftones perform 'If Only Tonight We Could Sleep' on MTV?.
It was so good, The Cure were loving it.

An MV & Deftones collaboration sounds ace!
Do it!, go on, do it ;)

December 7, 2004 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Hi guys,

This is darcy from the old MV board. I can't find any details anywhere about the MV London show in January. If somebody could please email me details on how to obtain tickets I would be very grateful. thestarlatheory@hotmail.com

P.S The new soundclips sound great, can't wait to hear the new material :)

December 8, 2004 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger darcy said...

Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction for tickets...roll on January :)

December 9, 2004 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Lofty said...

I too would appreciate info on obtaining tickets... chriswilliams132@gmail.com

December 9, 2004 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger coldrude said...

Finally the MV site has been updated yay! This is Rude off the old MV board. For tickets see www.aloud.com I can't make the London show which sucks but if MV come to Birmingham at all then I'm there! Would be my 4th MV show and it seems like ages ago when I last got to see them :( Roll on the new album, the clips are great and making me anticipate the album so much. I'm soooooo excited that my fav British band are back!

December 9, 2004 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger TJ-Fujiyama said...

I watched Deftones on The Cure MTV thing, it was brilliant!
Som you have to send those guitars, Team Sleep are a supergroup in the making!!!
Mentioning the Deftones and Ash in one post, speaking to my heart :)
and yeah, don't reschedule please!!!!!

December 9, 2004 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger The_Gentle_Art_Of_Choking said...

I have been to see MV 7 times and each gig has been awesome!
Have any of you guys ever met the band?
The_Gentle_Art_Of_Choking

December 9, 2004 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger ilovebillmurray said...

hey, i'd almost given up on these guys, but found out about jan show a few weeks back and got myself some tickets, am very excited to get mv action again its been way too long so they better not make it longer!

i met the band at reading and in northampton where we swiped a drum stick! ha!

seen them 13 times!

December 11, 2004 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger GroovyPigThing said...

I haven't seen MV live yet - The January show will be my first! If it goes ahead anyway, but it seems to be sold out already! aloud and ticketmaster don't have any tickets left anyhow. I can't wait to see you guys live, whether at the January show or somewhere else when you tour! I will travel any distance to see you! Good luck in everything you're doing and I really look forward to a new album and seeing you live!

December 13, 2004 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger pavlova said...

I'm really vexed. I've just gone on to www.seetickets.com and there are no more tickets for the forementioned show.
Anyone know any other methods/sellers/distributers/etc that still have some?
I'm dying to go... Will even resort to paying tout prices, even as a broke student...

by the way, i was also at that Ash gig last last weekend... 'twas v.good. that's probs become my favourite ash gig now... I was right in front of Mark Hamilton all the way through, and got to meet Tim in a Q&A session before. :)

December 15, 2004 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Sim said...

just curious Som, are you ever going to leave the U.k.? I'd hate to see you become big in the states, it always ruins everything in the long run, but hey a little quick trip to Canada wouldn't hurt right? If youre looking for a place in Montreal, 400 capacity, "the cabaret" on St. laurent downtown is pretty prime... Take Care

December 25, 2004 at 1:48 AM  
Blogger dazmando said...

Yeah I wish I saw that I loe Helmet, I saw Living Colour at the mean Fiddler recently what a greqat show, I really like that venue, can;t wait for the new album guys

January 12, 2005 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger upper-class said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
Hey son, you need to check out my cash advance las vegas blog!

February 1, 2006 at 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home